Have you heard about the “Date Night Idea Jar” that has become a new fad at weddings? It is a great way for couples to get ideas for dates from their wedding guests. Just set out a jar at your wedding, and let you guests write down a fun date night ideas for the happy couple.
I loved watching my own parents do weekly “Date Nights” growing up – as a child it gave me such a sense of security to see them prioritize one another.
But as an engaged couple or newlywed, money can be tight! Here are 7 of my favorite Date night ideas for those of you on a tight budget (let's face it, who isn't on a budget?)
Stay tuned for some bonus tips too!
- Picnic Dinner Outside (on your porch, in the garden, at the park)
- Go Thrift Shopping or Antique Hunting
- Game Night at the Arcade (just pack a few quarters!)
- Split Dessert and Sip on Coffee at a restaurant with a good ambiance
- Nighttime Star Gazing (it is a plus if you have access to a hot tub too)
- Stroll around a fancy hotel and take in the views
- Go for a hike (or a leisurely stroll)